Wednesday, November 26, 2008

thumbs.teeth.things.to.tell.


I'll start by explaining the above photo. Last Thursday night I sent Gabby to get something from my room. It sure was taking her a long time. I was on my way to check on her when she came running out screaming "wash my hands! mommy! wash my haaand!!!" frantically. I ran to check and there was blood everywhere. I finally figured out it was coming from her thumb. I asked what she did, and she took me to my bathroom & showed me a razor in a drawer! Aaaack! Well, I cleaned it up, put her in the bathtub, and offered a bandaid (which she refused at first). Anyway, this could be a blessing in disguise for us. Some of you know Gabby is a thumb sucker...an avid thumb sucker. Well, tomorrow will be a week, and no thumb sucking! I could leave the band-aid off now, but as long as she'll let me put one on there, I plan on doing so to make sure her habit it gone. The first couple of nights she whined and cried out in her sleep some, but I think the longer she goes without it, the more used to it she becomes. Keep your fingers crossed for us!
Carter has some news also! Monday night he was beyond cranky, which is highly unusual for him. He slept fine that night, and yesterday afternoon (Nov. 25) I checked in his mouth and found a tooth! He still wasn't too happy last night. This morning I felt again and there was tooth #2!!! Hopefully he'll be a happier boy now that those 2 teeth have made their apperance.

1 comment:

Jana said...

I will definitely keep praying for you!! I miss you guys but love keeping up through the blog! Hope we can see you all soon! I would love to meet Carter!